Hello, and welcome!!!
Thank you for visiting How To Be Kind.
Please allow me a moment to share the beauty that rises from the pen of Kahlil Gibran. Words such as these cast unearthly spells upon whoever reads them. Weaving their way into our hearts, they make the moment profound, and gently nudge us toward a life of gratitude and compassion. One is moved by their beauty, and finds joy in their wisdom. They are truly a gift.
“I slept and I dreamed that all life is joy.
I woke and I saw that life is all service.
I served and I saw that service is all joy.”
How To Be Kind is a service. It asks for and requires nothing. It simply is what it’s intended to be; a source of joy and inspiration not only for those who read its pages, but for those who write them as well. It is a collection of well-placed words that fuel the compassion of kind and generous souls.
You already know how to be kind!
Yet, perhaps the chaotic demands of a busy world have stolen much of your time, and opportunities for kindness have been swept away with the remains of a difficult day.
It’s OK. You’re not alone, and today is still a wonderful day to be kind.
As your journey here takes you deep within the heart of kindness, you will find abundant reasons to share your joy and compassion, to lovingly touch the lives of others, and to graciously remember that endless opportunities for gratitude are yours every day.
HTBK is a source of encouragement to stir the spirits of others, and to go first in demonstrating insight, forgiveness, generosity, kindness and love.
It is inspiration to share your love with others, not because you want to be loved in return, but because you have great love to give, and at any moment of our lives, someone, somewhere, is in need of kindness.
Choose to be kind. Change the world. It’s as simple as a warm, caring smile, and there will never be a better moment than this one, to begin.
It begins with you!
A few good reasons to read and follow How To Be Kind…
1. It’s free! HTBK asks for nothing but your time, and your recognition of the beauty and power of kindness.
2. Comments are always welcome, and can be submitted through the contact form here.
3. Every new post will highlight a quote about kindness. While it takes only a few words to make a quote, the timeless wisdom that comes from their intent can be far reaching, and even life changing. They are opportunities for discovery, and I hope that you find them to be of value in your life as well.
4. Good works are built on the foundation of many working as one. In the words of Mother Teresa, “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” HTBK is a gently rolling ripple in boundless waters. So that the waters may never return to flatness, new stones must be cast. HTBK is a stone cast across these waters.
Please become a part of kindness, and How To Be Kind.
The possibilities are endless!
5. Your privacy is important to us. We understand that with each comment we receive, comes the responsibility of safeguarding your identity. We accept that responsibility. Your email address will never be shared with third parties.
6. How To Be Kind does not engage in the selling of goods, or any email marketing built toward paying consumers, and has no affiliations of any kind. HTBK simply hopes to foster a gracious recognition of the many opportunities for kindness that we encounter in our lives. A website works well toward those goals in the digital world we live in.
7. And most of all, because you are good, and kind, and eager to do your part in making the world a better place to live, for all of us.